Amy Wang is a student at the University of Western Ontario, specializing in English Literature and Business Administration. She likes warm, toasty bread and dog-eared books. She doesn’t like stale bread and refuses to buy an eReader. She is searching for the perfect bookshelf and would very much appreciate your generous donations.
‘Safe’ is the third single from These Ghost’s Matthew Herbert co-produced sophomore album Still The Waves.
The track picks right up where previous single ‘Where Two Lines Meet’ left off with immediately blistering drums driving along an infectious bass and guitar sparring riff all sitting beneath vocalist Calum Duncan’s ethereal and unique voice.
Having completed a sell out UK tour in Support of Tall Ships following the release of the album, the band are now back on the road with an 11 date headline UK tour culminating in the release of this single, ‘Safe’ on 16th Feb.
These Ghosts is a joyous cacophony born of friendship and a desire to forge new sounds akin to a British Animal Collective with influences also coming from the likes of Modeselektor to Sigur Ros, The Invisible and Mew.
1. Safe (Radio Edit)
2. Footsteps On A Frozen Lake
3. Safe (Album Version)
Praise for These Ghosts
These Ghosts make the sort of feverish, shadow-chasing music that’d keep Thom Yorke fretting at night.’ – Q Magazine
‘Enigmatically gorgeous and unsettling’ – The Line of Best Fit
‘These Ghosts serve it up on a platter of melancholic guitars akin to early Radiohead’ – NME
‘A mix of reverb-drenched vocals and forward-leaning production, it becomes pensive before developing into a saw-toothed monster by its clattering conclusion’ – DIY Magazine
‘These Ghosts construct meditative, introspective guitar music, delivered in a forward thinking immediate fashion. There’s a velvet lustre to their songwriting, a quiet patient intensity which recalls Radiohead’s fusion of splintered guitars and electronics.’ Clash
You can hear “Safe” on Soundcloud via the embedded link above and purchase the single when it drops on February 16th, 2015, via Accidental Records.
- YSP New Music: Mann Friday #GettingtoGlasto Campaign “Say Yeah! (Emily Eavis)
- YSP New Music | Muta Mouraine Cold Mornings
- YSP Print | Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (Review)
- Canadian Conversations and National News: What to Keep in Mind as the Ghomeshi Case Unfolds
- By the Fireside: Thoughts on Ottawa
- Edge Jingle Bell Concert Series
- Age Before Beauty: Leonard Cohen Still Wrestles Age, Women, and Life In “Popular Problems”
- YSP Sound: Alt-J – This Is All Yours Review (EDIT)
- Wondering How Long It’ll Take to Finish Your Next Book? Check Out this Handy Chart